We are currently seeking to fill several volunteer positions across Canada as Family Advocates.
If you are looking for a fulfilling and rewarding opportunity to contribute towards to betterment of your community and a stronger future for our youth, have a look and drop us a line if it's something you feel would empower you.
OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB (PURPOSE): The family advocate creates, provides, and coordinates services and activities with families and communities that foster strength, healthy living, and overall well-being. They also provide support in a case management style and act as a liaison between families, staff, the community, and other family-related services. The family advocate encourages all family members to become advocates for their children and family.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop network of community organizations available to partner in delivering needed services to families impacted by violent extremism.
- Work with referred families in need of support due to effects of violent extremism in their lives while respecting the diverse values and cultures of the families served.
- Recognize and identify each family’s risk and protective factors along with all gaps relevant to basic emotional and physical needs.
- Establish professional roles and boundaries in working with families in partnership with available community organizations.
- Facilitate the delivery of services to children and families through collaboration with community partners.
- Ensure continued follow-up and contact with the family is maintained once outside community networks are established.
- Actively participate in community resource planning and related work to establish
and foster strong partnerships.
- Documentation and recordkeeping are completed timely and accurately and maintained.
- Actively participate in Hayat Canada Family Support team meetings.
- Exhibit flexibility in day-to-day operations and in providing needed services to
- Exercise complete CONFIDENTIALITY in all cases with sensitivity to ensure privacy protection at all times.